The 5th Advanced Lasers and Photon Sources covers the recent progress of lasers and photon sources in the following major topical fields;
- Novel optical materials/structure and applications:
- Laser crystal/ceramics/glass, crystal/glass fiber, nonlinear crystal, waveguide, photonic structure, nano/micro cavity, scintillators, semiconductor (detector), and their applications, etc.
- High average power lasers and applications:
- Solid state lasers, fiber lasers, semiconductor lasers, pulse shaping, pulse synthesizing, beam combining, and their applications, etc.
- High peak power lasers and applications:
- Ultrashort-pulse lasers, high intensity lasers, high field phenomena, high harmonic generation, attosecond pulses, quantum beam generation (electrons, ions, and secondary particles such as positrons, neutrons, isotopes), and their applications, etc.
- High power fiber/diode lasers and applications:
- High power fiber lasers, laser diodes and their applications, etc.
- High energy light sources and applications:
- X-ray free electron lasers, plasma x-ray lasers, hard x-ray and gamma ray sources, UV/VUV sources and their applications, etc.
- Terahertz devices, nonlinear optics and applications:
- Nonlinear optical materials, frequency conversion, THz photonics/devices/sources, Quantum optics, and their applications, etc.
- Metamaterials and applications:
- Microwave/RF/THz metamaterials, optical metamaterials, planar metamaterials and meta-surfaces, three-dimensional metamaterials, nonlinear metamaterials, quantum metamaterials, transformation optics, plasmonics, extraordinary transmission, chiral and bianisotropic composites, antenna, their fabrication, characterization, and applications, etc.
- Optical devices and techniques for bio and medical applications:
- Linear and nonlinear microscopy, imaging and tomography, clinical diagnostics, photodynamic therapy, etc.
- Optical frequency combs / Frequency stabilized lasers and applications:
- Optical frequency combs, frequency stabilized lasers, and their applications, etc.